Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Art of Job


Professor Kather's lecture was based mainly on the artist William Blake's view of The Book of Job. I had known of William Blake from his poetry but sadly not for his art work which I found full of different meanings and ideas. If I could sum up what feeling I got from Prof. Kather's lecture it would be a feeling of humbling. If I had been given the chance to look over Blake's drawings I would have studied them, noticed a few differences and ideals, and then moved on without giving it much more thought. Prof. Kather however gave me an insight to the meaning behind a lot of his work such as his dislike for the old testament. This gives me the idea of perhaps going back and rereading a lot of William Blake's work that I had most likely moved through without grasping the full meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment